At IMAGO we are excited to announce the first edition of the International Portrait Photography Awards - IMAGO 2020!
This contest seeks to recognize the best photographers from around the world who work on the genre of the portrait from its different variants: conceptual, anthropological, self-portrait, documentary, street, experimental, etc.
We want these awards to help photographers of all levels to gain international recognition and thus achieve significant progress in their creative career.
"Tinka". © Natalia Polomina (Rusia).
1. Only photographs that address the genre of the portrait will be accepted.
2. The contest is open to photographers from all over the world.
3. The theme is free and open to all techniques, subgenres or subcategories.
4. The photographs will not be restricted in terms of editing and / or manipulation.
5. Each participant can send an unlimited number of original images of their authorship.
6. The participation fee is $ 10 USD (ten US dollars) for each photo sent.
7. When uploading the photographs, the participant authorizes that they can be used by IMAGO for the promotion and dissemination of the contest, in print or digital, always non-profit and for artistic and cultural purposes.
8. Participation implies acceptance of these rules.
1er Premio: 1.000$ (USD).
2do Premio: 500$ (USD).
3er Premio: 300$ (USD).
150$ USD a la fotografía más votada.
25 finalists will exhibit their photographs in the Man Ray gallery of the IMAGO Institute, in Mexico City, Mexico.
El fallo del jurado será inapelable.
Participation is open from February 6, 2020 until June 1, 2020. During that time, participants can upload their photographs to the site.
The awards will be publicly announced on the IMAGO Network website, IMAGO - Higher Institute of Visual Arts, as well as on the institution's social networks, on June 18, 2020.